AEM is the sole QPL listed manufacturer of solid body, current limiting fuses produced using a thick film technique for the aerospace industry. Our fuses have been chosen by most major space programs and have been in orbit for the past 30-plus years with zero reported failures. AEM Inc.’s P600L, SK406, FM12, and P700L Hi-Rel Fuses are classified EAR99 under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of Commerce; for other fuse model classifications, please consult with the factory. EAR99 items are eligible for export to most end users as NLR (No License Required); however, there are certain countries and end users for which a license will be required as referenced in EAR part 736. Additionally, a license may be required if the item will be used in the design, development, production, or use in nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons, or ballistic missiles.
- Used in military and commercial satellites and manned space vehicles
- Protection of power supplies, batteries and solar arrays
- Isolation of redundant and branch circuits
- Short protection from squib and jettison circuitry
- Consistent minimum and maximum clear-times at overload currents regardless of vacuum conditions.
- Solid body construction does not outgas and therefore is not subjected to the de-rating factors of MIL-STD-975.
- Solid body construction can withstand greater vibration and shock exposure without damage.
- Positive temperature coefficient of fuse element causes resistance to increase (prior to opening) thereby preventing absolute short to the power source.
- Internal construction assures that arc, plasma, and vapor are contained within the fuse package during overload current conditions.
- P600L fuses have been subjected to over 6 million hours of life testing without a failure.
- QPL certified / MIL-PRF-23419/12